Friday, January 14, 2011

Well, that explains it.

DD woke up in the middle of the night with a fever of 102 in the armpit.

It was funny, having an enforced day at home with no friends over somehow sparked my productivity. Actually, I want to do a puzzle but my puzzle table was covered with all sorts of crap, so I cleaned it off. Apparently I haven't filed in MONTHS. Turns out our Verizon contract expired and when I went to renew it, the nice lady said "Uh, we're going to have to up your internet speed...we don't even offer your package anymore." So our internet speed is going to increase by 150%. And not cost a lot more.

I got a ton done but nothing fun and creative and now I feel like I got hit by a truck so my rockin' Friday night is probably going to be over real soon now. I just looked at the clock and had that "How can it ONLY BE 6:37??" moment that sometimes characterizes my evenings. I was just talking with a friend recently about college - how parties didn't start until 11:30 pm. Of course, in those days I was capable of sleeping past 7 in the morning. And drinking a lot more beer. But we don't need to go into that.

Hopefully tomorrow I'll get DD's heart hat redone. I may have mentioned before that I'm...not cognitively flexible, shall we say. I get an idea and I get a skosh fixated. A wee bit obsessive, some might even say. I *really* want the hat to have a solid lining. So, yes, even though I'm surrounded by mountains of fleece, I bought more of the heart and the pink and I'm going to redo the hat so it's not quite so tight, and has a solid lining. Pictures to follow...

No comments: