Monday, January 10, 2011

No photo today...

Mainly because I did take some, but they're just of my kids and a friend's kid, and I haven't quite figured out how I feel about posting pictures of my kids on the blog. Now, I am well aware that I have, in fact, posted a bunch of pictures of them, but it's usually related to them modeling something I've made for them, and I've forced them to pose for the picture. Just posting a portrait seems...I don't know. I feel funny.

Anyway, I got NO knitting, crafting, or anything else done today. I did drink a lot of tea, have great conversations with three separate friends, had lots of social time, a mid-afternoon playdate that turned into dinner. All wonderful things, but not conducive to being, you know, productive.

Since I love talking about my plans for things even more than almost as much as actually doing them, I'm going to ruminate on some things I'd like to get made...
  • I'd love to finish some handknit socks. I just found yet more lovely sock yarn in a bin, so it's not like I don't have the yarn.
  • I'm on a baby hat kick right now. Which is hysterical because I am having NO more babies! I do have at least one pregnant friend though.
  • I'm going to have to make DD a new hat. The zipper of her winter coat (her brother's totally cheapie thing from Target from last year) blew out and I've gotten her a new one (yay for Lands End clearance!!!). Her current hat won't match at all.
  • I have some flannel to make myself some jammies. Wow do I love comfy flannel jammies.
  • I had an idea for another cute kid's hat. At what point is a kid too old for a silly fleece hat?
  • I'd like to figure out a good pattern for double layer fleece mittens. Or maybe knit some and make fleece liners? Hmmm.
  • Not to mention all the stuff I have on needles already.

And, did I mention that I put in a KP order? Or that it might have some of this in it? I'll let you know how it is.

No comments: