Monday, January 24, 2011

Not so much knitting tonight...



















It's not that it hasn't been a knitting sort of day, it actually really has. A friend and kids came and hung out this afternoon, and she and I sat and knit, and then tonight I was just working on yet another baby hat (2 row stripes, and all stockinette, and I'm planning on a crochet edge). It's also been a photography sort of day.

I took this picture today - this is with some processing, not a ton (as I have neither the knowledge nor software for serious processing). I'm obviously still learning my new camera and lens, and having a blast. I also had printed some pictures of the kids I took, and framed them today, as well as some more of the professional pictures we'd had done. I tell you, the joy of seeing my own pictures framed and thinking "that's not a bad picture!" is just...profound. I'd forgotten how much I *love* this art form. When I was shooting a lot in my late teens and early 20s, I did no portraits, they didn't interest me. Now they really do. I have so much to learn, it's so exciting!

Also, have I mentioned how much I really love crystals? This crystal is hanging in my minivan, which is probably as a big a cliche as can be, but whatever. I am who I am - a soccer mom with a crystal hanging in my van.

I do want to get this baby hat done, but I also really just want to take an evening and do some more photography stuff (I took a bunch of pictures of my friend's adorable little girl and I want to see if any came out). And I want to read, another huge passion of mine. So I'll call the 10 rows I've done enough and finish it tomorrow.

No comments: