Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Some people just suck.

Especially people who steal people's bicycles from the commuter rail station. GRRR. I am beyond pissed. My dear sweet husband had a crappy day and even crappier commute home, and showed up at the train station to find his bicycle GONE. I had a more cheerful post in mind, but this is sort of taking my focus right now. I hate feeling helpless. I know, in the grand scheme of things, that it's just a THING, and it's just MONEY, but it's not like we have tons of money to replace it, and it's the primary thing that gets him to the train station and home each day. He's put a lot of effort and energy and money into that bike and it just SUCKS. I just have to keep reminding myself that many people are really good and decent, and not to lose faith because someone was a TOTAL ASSHOLE. *ahem* (Sorry for the swearing.)

Okay. Anyway.















I went by the yarn store today, and OH MY, look what happened! I've been wanting that Ann Norling pattern, the hats are just terribly cute. So, from the left, that's 3 skeins of Takhi Cotton Classic, a favorite of mine for baby hats. Someone needs to have a baby girl, that's all I'm saying. Then that's a skein on Malabrigo, for a friend's father, who is going through chemo. I want to get that done really soon and sent off. I'm planning the Marsan Watchcap for him. I don't know him at all, so I'm hoping the subdued manly colors will be okay. And who wouldn't love Malabrigo, right? I was going to start it tonight but I'm so bent out of shape, I don't think that's the vibe I want for a chemo cap. The next is some random yarn that just happens to pick up the VERY LIME GREEN of my daughter's new winter coat. It's self-patterning, which I know I swore I'd never knit again because it makes me crazy, but the color is really perfect. Hat, maybe mittens too? The last is some baby yarn for yet another hat for my photographer friend.

Anyway, sorry for the cranky and boring post. Here's a picture of my kitty. He makes me happy.

2 comments:

RheLynn said...

That is truly awful - I hope they catch the person who took it and that he has a better day. Pretty yarns and very pretty kitty. Mine make me smile, as well - but I rarely take pictures of them anymore.

Karen Jacot said...

Awww, kitty!