Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Well, so much for that!

Tomorrow we're heading home. On the one hand, I'm not looking forward to it, but on the other...I am. I love my family, and it's wonderful to be so close with them, but it's hard to be a visitor. My kids are...well, spirited at times, especially my oldest, and he can be a real handful to manage. I had what I think is a MAJOR insight into my relationship with him and why it can be so challenging - all on my part, nothing on him, and I'm hoping it's something I can work with. I get so angry and impatient sometimes, and I have to keep reminding myself, HE'S 7!!! He's just a *little kid*! He's not easy, but I am the grown up, for whatever that's worth.

It's been a good visit. COLD. I'm really, really looking forward to Spring. I know, like everyone else in New England. It's been a tough winter and I'm ready for it to be over. Soon, right? I mean, I don't want to wish my life away or anything, but I'm ready for less cold, less snow, more light, more warmth! This spring may bring some really cool things to my life, and I'm excited.

I think I've said this before, but every time I come home to visit, I am reminded that this really is *home* for me. In many ways I'd lovelovelove to move back here. It's just not logistically possible, but it's a nice dream. And, in any case, I can visit.

So, tomorrow, back to my regular life. I can't wait to see my lovely husband and my sweet kitties. It will be good to be home!

No comments: