Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Gear Hound

I'm sure I've written about this before, but those who know me, know that I...well, I really like gear. Whatever I'm into at the moment, I'm sure to learn all about the STUFF that goes along with it. I can be a tad obsessed focused about such things, one might say.

One such obsession was diaper bags. It's a bit odd, really, as I was never a bag person before I had kids. Seriously, I've carried some version of a backpack my entire adult life. But once I had a kid, I became enamored of the idea that there might be that one fantastic bag that would make my life easier! Once I had two kids under the age of 2, well, I needed some sort of hope that something would make it easier. :) Then someone turned me onto the baby bags group on Yahoo, and I'm a bit embarrassed to say how many lovely bags have made their way into my home.

Now, my youngest is headed towards 3 (HOW DID THAT HAPPEN) and, coincidentally, seems to be potty training herself, so my need for a diaper bag has faded. But now I'm rehooked on photography and have been looking at camera bags. They're all...ugly. Or if not ugly, then fancy girly high-end purse looking, which also is sooo not me. And most of them, to me anyway, seem to scream "Hey! I have a really expensive camera in here!" It occurred to me that I have many lovely bags which could work for putting things in. The fact that I have many lovely bags didn't stop me from dropping the rest of my birthday/Christmas money on another gorgeous bag, but more importantly, I found a camera insert that I really hope will work well! Sadly, it's shipping from South Korea (we'll see if it ever gets here, I suppose), so it won't be here until March, but hopefully it will be here in time for April vacation and our planned odyssey to visit the cousins in Philly and Starry Night at MOMA in NYC. I'll let you all know how it works!

2 comments:

webhill said...

you are visiting cousins in Philly?
Will we be going to the zoo, maybe? Because that is a great place to get together with long-lost friends :)

Cindy said...

Oh, forgive me. This is off the immediate subject but first of all, I was scouting around with the ulterior motive of finding traffic for my blog. Then I noticed you use Knit Picks and I have a question because I don't know anyone else who uses their yarn. I'm a crocheter and designed original hats for my grandbabies this winter using Swish Dk. I've seen more pilling than I like but it looks as though it might just be a halo - only surface deep. What's your experience with their yarn pilling?langen