Sunday, January 07, 2007

Weekend Update in Knitting

I got some knitting accomplished this weekend, yay!

I frogged the Bamboo dishcloth, it just wasn't working for me (as evidenced by the fact that it had been sitting on my needles for weeks, and really, how long does it take to knit a dishcloth). Instead, I whipped out a simple basket weave cloth to give to our amazing babysitter for Christmas. Then, while I was waiting for my DH for our date night (spent browsing electronics at the mall, woo hoo), I finished the rest of the foot of sock #2. I just need to turn the heel on that one, and then I can finish them both up at the same time. Yay! I'd love to get them done this week, I don't know if that's realistic. Well, actually, I know that it's NOT realistic, but a woman can dream.

Tonight, I started working with the Berroco Boho, the stuff that's not going to work for the other pattern. I decided to try a multi-directional scarf. I got the pattern when I signed up for the Artyarns multi-directional yahoo group (post an intro, get a pattern, how cool is that?), so I started that. I got the first 1/2 triangle and one complete triangle done. This yarn is amazing! It's so soft and drapy! The scarf is in garter stitch, and I'm wondering if it would look better in stockinette. I can't decide. I'm going to do a couple more triangles and see what I think. The wrong side stitch when the yarn changes kind of bugs me, I may just need to get over that. It's a cool pattern, but one that can only be worked when I can really concentrate on it, since it's all short rows (i.e., lots of counting). Did I mention that this yarn is amazing? I can't decide if I'll fringe it or not.

Okay, I must go to bed, I'm tired!

No comments: