Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Sometimes I amaze myself.

Or is that, amuse myself? Not with my knitting, but with my powers of rationalization! So I spent the rest of my birthday money today. Yes, on yarn, why do you ask?

I wanted to get the yarn to make the Artyarns lace poncho that I've been thinking about, which was 10 skeins, or $90. Well, since at Webs, if you spend $120 on discountable yarn, you get 25%, that's like spending $90, so I figured that since I was willing to spend $90, I should just go ahead and spend the $120. Or something. Yeah. So I got a bunch of Supermerino to make the poncho, and to make a hat. And I got some more sock yarn. I know, I know, I have yet to finish ANY of the sock yarn I already have!! But it's so pretty!!! And they gave me the shawl/scarf pattern that I've been obsessing over and already bought the yarn for. It's a sickness, it is. I need to FINISH something!

So, yeah, tons of yarn coming at me. I'm hoping it gets here before I head off to California, since I'm going ALONE and will have lots of time to knit. Can I bring knitting needles on an airplane these days?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yes, you can bring knitting needles on a plane. I've never brought anything smaller than 8s, but they were long and pointy and no one blinked. I brought metal circular needles on Sunday through Logan, and again, no one blinked. :)

Sarah said...

Makes perfect sense to me! Thanks for your recent comment on my blog -- I'm a knitter too! And yes, needles on the plane are fine.

Knitting with a Purpose said...

Thanks, Sarah and Sarah!!

Sarah #2, I love your blog!