Thursday, January 25, 2007

Laughing at myself.

I showed the sweater to DH, and he said "I love the buttons, they really make the sweater." I realized that I agreed...little pearly white buttons? Grandma made it.* Cute little duck buttons? $50 in a boutique! :) Well, maybe not $50, since the yarn's not that nice, but still...I am glad I made the effort to go get them. I scrapped the matching hat, I did a garter stitch edge and it was flaring and I just didn't like it. What does it say about me that I feel guilty for quitting a project that (a) the intended recipients don't even know about and (b) no one even asked me to do - it's a GIFT.

A friend and I also came up with a love-meter for knitting, when a friend has a baby. I love you: Fruit Hat / Sweater / Blanket.

Ah, it doesn't take much to amuse me.

* Please note, no offense intended to anyone's Grandma who knit them a baby sweater!

No comments: