Saturday, January 27, 2007

Maybe I should rename this blog...

To insomniac knitter.

I have this sleep thing where if I get woken up after less than an hour or so of sleep, I usually cannot get back to sleep for hours. This happened last night (I did not handle it gracefully, I will admit), and once I got DS1 back to bed, I lay awake. Finally I accepted that sleep wasn't going to happen any time soon, so I got up. I ended up typing up the baby sock pattern I was going to use, and then casting on. I did the toe (I substituted a short-row toe for the Figure 8 cast-on she used), and about half the foot. These things are so cute! These are socks to match the hat I made for our nursery school's silent auction. I've got the ribbing left to do, then one more sock, and then I'm done with my time-sensitive projects. I find I enjoy them less than just knitting stuff because I want to. The NICU hats are totally on my own time/initiative.

Anyway, I'll post pictures when I finish these itty bitty socks!

No comments: