Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Measure twice, knit once.

It turns out that the reason the socks I made for DH are too long (as in, REALLY too long) are that I somehow either mismeasured his foot, or just made up some random measurement and put it into the sockulator. So in fact, I knit it perfectly, and my gauge was spot on, I just screwed up the original number. I'm disappointed. I mean, they're wearable, and if you know my DH, you know he's so not about perfection (thank G-d, being married to me), but still, it's a bummer to have worked so hard on something and have it be WRONG. You can see in the pictures, it's way too long, and a bit too loose. Oh, the details. These were knit on Knit Picks Options, Size 5s with a 40" cable, using the Magic Loop technique. I attempted to learn Lucia's L1A technique, but didn't quite do very well with it. I did better with her L1B. I think this is the Patons Classic Merino Wool, so it's a heavier-weight sock, but DH likes that.








BUT. This does mean that since I FINISHED something, I get to start something new! Baby cardigan? Socks for me? Keep chugging away on the poncho? Maybe I'll just play with my swift and winder tonight and go to bed early.

No comments: