Monday, February 12, 2007

Today's moment brought to you by D'OH!

So remember how I thought I hadn't bought enough yarn for the baby sweater? Iit occurred to me that perhaps I might be a tad off in my calculations. Because, you know, turns out that 100 grams is NOT 1 ounce. 100 grams, is in fact, about 3.53 ounces. The pattern calls for 4 ounces, I have 7.06 (more or less). Yay! That made me simultaneously ridiculously happy and sad for my lack of brain cells.

I finished another baby hat. I think I'll be sending this one off to Hats for Alex. This is in Tahki Cotton Colors, I really like how it came out. The pattern is my own design (well, not really, I mean, it's just a simple roll-brimmed hat with an i-cord knot at the top, I didn't think it up, but I didn't use any particular pattern either). I think I may do a couple of plain hats for "my" NICU, just to get something off to them soon.

I'm still loving doing the hats, but I've also gotten caught up in personal projects. I'm almost half-way done with the poncho. It's so pretty, and a really neat design! I am also longing to get some socks started.

My big excitement is that tomorrow my swift and winder arrive! I had them sent to my parents' house because my DH was there for a weekend, and I figured it would get there during the time he was there. Of course it did not, so it's been there for 3 weeks (something like). Hooray! I have so much yarn to wind at this point, it's silly! I really don't mind winding by hand, actually, though I'm not really all that great at it, but I had some birthday money left and a coupon to Joann, so here it comes! I'm pondering doing some socks on DPKs to try it out. I do love me my Magic Loop technique, but since I didn't hate the DPKs when I did the baby cardigan sleeves, it occurred to me to give it a try. We'll see.

Okay, I'm done for today! Off to do some more poncho.

No comments: