Saturday, February 24, 2007

Knitting Anxiety

I finished the second (of four) diamonds for my poncho. I am feeling anxious about whether I did a couple of things correctly or not. It's hard to even describe what I did, if you're not familiar with modular knitting. But, you're knitting back and forth, moving down the row to the center. The pattern says to knit until you reach the center stitch. Now, first, I can't remember if I moved my marker or not - I know I set it up the way I thought it would be, and the way it was set up (you have the other stitches on a holder), the number of rows worked out. But, I'm worried that I didn't set it up correctly. (I know, this is totally unclear, but it makes sense to me.) So, I just knit it the way the pattern called for - on the last row, you bind off half of the stitches. We'll see in the end if it comes out. And hey, if it's totally wrong, I'll either suck it up and wear it anyway, OR I'll rip it out and (cry) and redo it. Perfectionism be gone! The other thing I was confused on was with the binding off. You bind off to the center stitch, which is an increase. I did the increase, and then bound off the last pre-marker stitch, since it says to bind off all sts to the marker. I don't know, hopefully it's right. It's fine for now, since I'm where I need to be, but it may be kerfuffled at the end, when you're joining two sides together with a three needle bind-off. I am not sure what to do if I have some random different number of stitches.

I don't usually get this anxious about making mistakes, but this is such a big project!

No comments: