Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Planning

One aspect of knitting that I really enjoy is the planning. I love looking up yarns on the web, going to yarn stores and seeing what's out there, looking up patterns, thinking about what I'm going to do next. While I'm certainly no SABLE*, I do have yarn for a variety of projects. I must finish DH's sock. I think I'm going to rip out the scarf I'm doing (more on that later), and then I can start a couple of new projects. I need to do some hats for the NICU, I'm "behind". Not because they expect something from me, but because I want my knitting for them to be a regular and consistent part of my knitting practice, and the last hats I did, I dropped off before Christmas.

So, the scarf...it's just not singing to me. If the color works with the dress I am planning to wear to a friend's wedding, I may try and do a shawl for that. This may just be another unknittable yarn for me (which would suck, because it was NOT cheap). I don't know, I need to ponder what I'm doing with it. I still have the Magic Waves shawl to do, but I think I won't start that until I finish the poncho. I have some socks to start, and a sweater for a friend's baby. So, lots of fun things to work on! It's a good thing I actually really enjoy the knitting part as well as the planning part!

No comments: