Thursday, October 12, 2006

Why I Like Knitting, Part II

I had a couple more thoughts on why I like knitting.

I like counting and numbers. I like thinking along as I knit, oh I'm x% done with this row. I like using my brain in this small little way. Perhaps it's a tad obsessive, who knows? But I definitely enjoy it!

Also, each project is, for me, a leap of faith. Each project, at the very beginning, I think "Wow, I don't know if I can do this" or "this doesn't look right at all" or some such perfectionistic nonesense. With each bit of progress, I get more and more confident. Sometimes I *do* make mistakes and have to start over (I'm really not good at ripping out up to a point and then starting over, I haven't mastered that skill yet), but each time I start something, it's with the faith that I am able to do this, that I am competant, that I can.

No comments: