Monday, October 23, 2006

Signs

[Note - I hope I can get this to post, as Blogger seems to be having massive ills lately.]

I started this blog to talk about knitting, of course, but also to have a place to think some more about things in my life beyond just the mundane of my day-to-day existance. I love my life and my family, but I'm longing for a bit more, something for ME. The knitting for the NICU is one thing for me. I'm having so much fun with it. I hope the items are useful for them, but really, I just love the knitting.

The other thing I'm planning to do is become a Certified Childbirth Educator. Yikes! To actually state it "out loud" is a bit scary. I want to do this. I feel like it's a good fit for me, it's a subject I'm passionate about, I love teaching, it's manageable. I've been stalling on moving forward, but a couple of things have happened to make me feel more sure that it's the right path. The small thing is that someone is sending me a coupon for $100 off the class! A random stranger, just doing something nice. The bigger thing is that when I posted on this ALACE group, I got an email from the woman who was my doula for DS2's birth. She's an amazing woman, just so gentle and calm and centered, and was so great during his birth. Well, she's the leader for this program and will be mentoring me through it! That was the CLICK I needed to move forward. So, I have to polish off the essay, and send it in. I can do this.

No comments: