Monday, October 16, 2006

Home again, home again.

I spent about 30 hours away from my family this weekend, for the first time since DS2 was born. It was lovely, though I admit that I had a bit of trouble figuring out what to do with myself at first! I was back at my college for Homecoming. I haven't been to this in many years - the last time I was there, I believe I was single, and still drinking. It was lovely to be there sober, but a bit emotional as well. Suprisingly so. I did get to spend time with old friends, which was also lovely. It's so nice to be so happy in my life now.

Hat update - I finished another one! This is a worsted cotton (maybe Sugar'n Cream?), in yellows/pinks/greens - very sherbety colors. I don't actually love the color scheme myself, but someone may! This is just a plain little hat, but I made the point extra long so it's looks sort of Dr. Seussian. This cotton is heavier weight that the cotton I'm using for the fruit hats, and I just kind of winged the gauge, but it came out nicely, and a good size, I think.

I've cast on a slightly larger pumpkin hat. I figure they'll need some bigger hats too, as not all their admits are preemies (my own son being full-term, for example!).

I've also gotten into the dish cloth thing. I am wondering if they can use them at the NICU, and I'm also contemplating switching from sponges to these clothes myself. My sponges seem to get funky really quickly, and these could be washed (and bleached?) every day. If they can't use them on the unit, I may still keep knitting them.

No comments: