Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pondering the Possibilities

I am having so much fun with this knitting project. I don't anticipate I'll keep at it with the same intensity, because I have my own projects to do as well, and I don't want to overload them with 4,000 hats! But, I am thinking about a way to keep doing this over the longer term (the next couple of years, anyway) as opposed to this being a one-time thing. One thing I am thinking about is how possibly to fund my yarn purchases!

I am thinking about possibly trying to *gulp* sell some of my creations on-line, maybe at etsy? I have no idea if they would sell at all, but others are certainly selling them (and not crediting Ann Norling at all, or claiming that they designed the hat). I have written a letter that I will send off to her tomorrow, requesting permission to sell a few hats, and we'll see where it goes from there! If I sold one hat a month, that would probably more than cover any yarn expenses, and I would donate anything left over at the end of the year to a children's cause. We'll see what, if anything, she says! I am not particularly hopeful that she'll say yes, but really, even if that happens, it only means that the money comes out of a different budget, you know? It feels sort of overwhelming to think about *selling* my things. I have no idea how to run a business!

No comments: