Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Where did the year go?

I can't believe that Thanksgiving is just around the corner! This year is flying. Which, given the number of awful and sad things that have happened to many people I care about, is not a bad thing.

I think since Thanksgiving is coming, I'm going to dust off my gratitude journal. I think spending some time focusing on the good things is a really good practice for me.

So, in that interest - today I am really really REALLY grateful that my kitty who got out only went about 100 feet away and was interested enough in the food container to let me just grab him and bring him in. *phew* We live right next to 100 acres of woods that have coyotes and fisher cats in them. This kitty would make a nice tasty dinner for someone. I'm so glad I kept looking for him. Another trusting my gut moment - I *knew* he was out, and I knew the cat crying out there had to be him. I've not heard anything else like it around here. So, thanks, Universe, for sending my fluffy buddy back.

No comments: