Friday, November 05, 2010

In which I return to the minutiae of knitting.

So I had playgroup over here today, and oddly enough, 2 3-year olds and a 2.5-year-old are easier than just 1 2.5-year-old. They played upstairs so I brought out the knitting. I thought I'd ease back into it - I'm almost done with yet another Noro scarf, so I pulled that out. This one is ostensibly for me but I'm not loving it. It's not like I really *need* another scarf, though I do want one of these striped scarves for myself....So, I don't know. I may keep it, I may gift it. I think I've come to the conclusion that I love the *idea* of Noro more than the reality of Noro. I think I'll do another one in Boku. I think I can find yarn that's more right for me.

It was really enjoyable to just sit and monitor the kids and knit. It's been a long time, several months I think, since I've really sat and knit.

I've had some thoughts swirling around in my head about women, women's work, and being a feminist, but I don't think I have anything coherent to say about it yet. Also about being a big geek and how awesome it is to be 40 because I just really don't worry that much about what the general population thinks of me, because really? THEY'RE NOT.

I think I need to spend more time communing with my stash to see if a new project leaps out at me.

No comments: