Sunday, November 08, 2009

FO: More Socks!

No pictures yet on these, I'm still coping with flu and I'm tired and need to go to bed, maybe tomorrow.

But, these are another pair of toe-up, non-pattern socks.

Yarn: Socks That Rock (lightweight, I am pretty sure), Grandma's Flower Garden
Needles: KP Fixed Circs, 32", 2.5 mm

For these, I cast-on 32 stitches using Judy's Magic Cast-On, and increase 4 stitches every other row for 7 rounds, when it seemed like they'd be big enough. Then I knit until they seemed long enough, and did a double-wrapped, short-row heel. Then I knit two rounds, did 7 rounds of 1x1 ribbing and bound off using EZ's Sewn Bind-Off. I made ankle socks because this was leftover yarn from Branching Out (which I must block and will then post about but I'm scared because I've never blocked anything like lace before and what if I totally screw it up??) so I knew I'd be cutting it a bit close. And I sure did...I had about 1 yard of yarn left at the end. Thank goodness I had enough to finish!!

1 comment:

webhill said...

dude, blocking lace is so absurdly easy it's not even funny. throw the piece into a bucket/bin/sink of water with your wool wash in there. Leave it for a while (have lunch or whatever). Take it out. Gently press out moisture by rolling in a towel or two. Lay flat on your chosen surface. Then you can pin it out or whatever. I just got blocking wires which totally rule. But you can call me for help if necessary :) But it is SO EASY.