Monday, November 16, 2009

365-19: Sometimes you're the window...

...Sometimes you're the bug. Or, an alternate title could be - some people just SUCK.

We had a Really Unpleasant Incident this morning, and while it looks likely that it was actually targeted at the boy next door (which isn't any better at all) and not about my kids, it was really upsetting to all of us. My oldest kept saying "How could someone be so mean?" I just don't know, honey. I don't know.

Like most people, I guess, I've got my scars and insecurities, and this just *tweaked* them. And how do you explain to your kids, some people are just mean. Some people are just careless. And the people who are mean to you, or who are careless with your feelings? They are NOT WORTH YOUR TIME. I'd love to learn to live that myself.

The thing is, even though there are mean people, and mean people suck, I honestly believe that most of the people I come in contact with aren't mean. They might be self-involved, but who isn't to some extent? Generally, in my experience, people are pretty nice. And, we are so blessed to have a wide community of friends here and back in the city where we used to live - a community of people who so absolutely don't suck. People who are loyal and kind and loving and who let us be loyal and kind and loving back. So, right now I'm choosing to turn my focus away from the mean folks and back onto the wonderful people in my life (like the friends who offered to Kick Ass if needed!). I am so thankful to have such a wonderful group of supportive people, and I hope I give back as much to them!

No comments: