Thursday, October 02, 2008

Insert clever and witty title here.

I'll just mention that I'm tired. We're working on getting DD to sleep (a) in her own bed and (b) a bit longer than 2-hour stretches. Last night I went up at about 10:45 and nursed her (she didn't even wake up!), and then she was up from 1:30 to 2:30 yowling, but went back to sleep without nursing and then slept until 6, which was very amazing. I'm hoping she'll catch on soon that she doesn't need to eat (or scream) in the middle of the night and then we'll all be happier.

Wednesday was knitting night at the library. I took many projects with me but managed to re-energize on DD's sweater. I added about 6 or 8 rows and I'm doing the increases for the ruffle. I decided to slip the first stitch and not increase on it, to preserve the line of edge there, and I haven't decided what I'll do on the last stitch (increase it or just knit it). I'll have to think it through when I get there. I'm glad it got me reconnected, as all I'm wanting to do right now is crochet, and I really do need to get this sweater done as she actually needs it, it's cooling off here! (Who knows what I'll get done tonight, as I just painted my nails navy blue, so I've got to wait a bit for them to dry...though I used quick-dry stuff.)

One of the creative blogs I read is Enchanting Juno, and she has a recent entry that just really moved me, where she says:
But the thing I LOVE about knitting - back to my original point - is that it is infinite. Never done if you don't want it to be. It is as infinite as self knowledge, as infinite as learning itself. And it waits for you until you are ready to move again.
I keep trying to figure out what I want to say about WHY this moved me, and it keeps drifting into what feels like self-indulgent maudlin-ness (is that a word?). So I'll just say that something about this notion, that knitting (and any craft really) can come and go in your life is really powerful for me. I clearly have more to figure out why this is. :)

Okay, my nails are dry, I'm off to increases!

No comments: