Saturday, April 07, 2007

Happy Easter, for those who celebrate!

Even though I'm no longer a practicing Christian, I still like the Easter season. I like the possibility of redemption and hope after despair. We did baskets with the boys and it was really neat to think about creating traditions for them.

Well, when I started this post it was about my frustrations with doing lace with my much-beloved Addi Turbos. I was doing Wendy's Generic Feather and Fan sock on 0s, and trying to modify the pattern so I could do the lace on the foot as well. I was getting really frustrated and my gague was obviously off by enough that I frogged it. Basically, the Addis aren't pointy enough. I haven't actually done any socks on DPKs yet, since I don't really like using them. I decided I'm going to do a different sock pattern for now, and maybe try a DPK pattern at some point and see how aggravating I find it, before investing in the Lace Addis. I think I'm going to do some Jaywalkers in the Lorna's Laces in the Amethyst Stripe (I think that's what it is, it's purple!!). I've got all this lovely sock yarn, and a strong desire to wear handmade socks, I just need to knit the darn things!!

I just started a pair of Fetching for myself since I loved the ones I did for SIL so much. (By the way, she told me that she LOVES them, loves the color, loves the style, wears them in the theater all the time, which was what I hoped for, so that made me really happy!)

My friend just asked me to knit her child something for his birthday, so I think I might do a big version of the pumpkin hat I just made. Or maybe an acorn hat. I need the yarn for that though.

I'll be casting on another NICU hat tomorrow as well. I want to get one done per week (at least) so I can get another set dropped off for them.

Lots to do!!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Try the knitpicks sock circulars--they're pointier than the addis.

And my first feather and fan socks are languishing as UFOs. I am through the foot on the first one, and hate it. :)

Knitting with a Purpose said...

Do you do the socks on two circulars? How different is that from Magic Loop? Is it pretty comparable?