Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Fetching is DONE!


Both gloves completed!

Details
Yarn: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in Purple (607)
Needles: Knit Pick Options, size 6 with a 40" cord for Magic Loop
New Skills: None

This is an easy pattern that translates well to the magic loop (I put 20 stitches on one needle and 25 on the other). There are a couple of things I still haven't really figured out how to do well. The first is the Picot Bindoff. I can't figure out how to get the last stitch to match the other loops. Practice, maybe? Also, I have had a lot of trouble pickup up the stitches for the thumbs without leaving gaping holes. Well, is it trouble if you can't actually do it? On all four of these that I've made, I've had to sew up the little holes on either side of the thumb. On the second one of these, as well, I miscalculated on yarn, and had to attach another ball during the bindoff row, which I don't recommend.

Other than that, I lovelovelove the fabric this yarn makes on size 6 needles, it's so soft and cushy! I made these for my SIL and just loved them, so figured I needed some for myself! Now I need a hat to go with them.

Have I mentioned that I love the color purple?

I realized also in my other post that I forgot the other yarn that I got: some Koigu KPPM in 407 (though mine looks like it has a lot more yellow and brown in it than this picture shows). Now I just need a great sock pattern for my Santa Monica Memorial Socks!

No comments: