Sunday, March 18, 2007

Off the ledge

For the moment, anyone. I did some more work on the poncho, and f-cked it up majorly. DH convinced me not to rip out the whole thing and start over, yesterday I pulled out my error (including a 1/2 row bind off), and futzed a bit to get to where I can start the 4th diamond. Then I put it aside. Given how sick I've been, I've been working on a simple simple project that requires no brain power other than measuring! (Wise advice from a friend on the previous post!)

I've decided I need to finish a whole bunch of stuff before starting any new projects. I really want to take some time and turn the toes of my socks, so I can plug away on the feet. I'm planning to do Wendy's Feather and Fan socks in a Lorna's Lace, and I'm wondering how hard it would be to do the lace pattern on the foot of the sock as well. I need time to sit down with the pattern and figure it out. Since I like to wear my hand-knit socks with my Keen Maryjane's, having the pattern on the foot would be good. I need more braincells than I have currently as well.

So, at this point on needles, I've got:
  1. The poncho
  2. A gift for someone who might be reading this blog so I can't talk about it
  3. Another gift for someone else who might be reading this blog so I can't talk about that either
  4. One of the socks is cast-on (just the provisional cast on)
  5. A scarf for my sister
Lots to do!!

2 comments:

webhill said...

Re: your comment in my blog - I have no idea, depends on my husband's plans :)

How the heck do you respond to a comment in blogger, anyway??

Linda said...

You can talk about projects without letting the intended recipient know the project is for her/him. I do it all the time!