Thursday, March 29, 2007

Down to one!

Project left on needles, that is. I had a whole post written but then my computer urped and it's gone. So, to try and recreate. Not that it's that interesting or anything.

I pulled out the Berrocco Boho scarf that I was doing in Raspberries, Strawberries, and I was not happy with it. The nature of the yarn means that the width of the fabric varies (at least when doing a small-width project) and I just didn't like it. I'm not sure how many times I can frog this yarn and have it recover, we'll see. So, I just cannot figure out what to do with this yarn! I've got the Sangria and Torero to make the Magic Waves shawl, which I just got really excited to do next once the poncho is done, but what the heck am I going to do with 4 balls of the Raspberries, Strawberries? It's so pretty, but not actually a color I wear all that much (nor will the shawl be, but whatever, it's gorgeous), so I don't know. I don't actually wear shawls at all, really. Maybe I'll make a shawl for a friend? I don't know. I was thinking of doing this pattern with it, would it work, do you think? I know it's a totally different yarn from Homespun, but still, it might work.

So, that leaves me with the Artyarns Poncho. I'm on the last diamond, I've done 9 of the 16 repeats, so the end is almost in sight. I am not sure if I'm going to have to block it or not. It's sort of a lacy pattern, but I don't know.

Ahh, indecisiveness is clearly plaguing me today. I have so many projects lined up, what to do next? I think I'll do some socks, NICU hats, and DS2's red sweater (though he informed me that he wanted EEM green not red). I think I need a mix of big and small projects on the needles, so I am getting some things done.

Hey, I also thought I could do another baby blanket in non-baby colors in Lion Suede, what do you think? It'd be really pretty in the diagonal eyelet-edged pattern, and I know the yarn washes and dries well!

No comments: