Thursday, March 15, 2007

No clever titles today.

I don't have the brain cells.

I've been doing some dishcloths lately. I did a small corner-to-corner one just to finish off some yarn, I did a Log Cabin dishcloth that is really pretty! Pictures to come when I'm no longer sick and have some energy. The first time I tried the pattern, I over-thought it and did it completely wrong. There are some knitting pattern conventions that I still haven't learned. I never know when the instruction says "do 11 rows and bind off" if that means, do your 11 rows, then do another knit and bind off row, or if it means bind off on the 11th row. Or maybe something else entirely.

I started another project but I am bummed because it's quite clear that the yarn amount recommendation was just wrong, and I have nowhere near enough. The bummer is that not only will I have to reorder, and pay a second round of S&H, if I had ordered enough in the first place, I would have qualified for free shipping!! Oh well. I've had good experiences with Yarnmarket, so I'll email or call them and see if there's anything they can do to help me out.

The other big thing I've been doing is crocheting! I picked up my book and actually sat down and focused on it. The basic stitches are not hard, though I'm having a bit of trouble with consistency. I'd like to make a baby blanket, but I can't decide if I should do a pattern or just do a basic stitch.

Every thing else is on hold because it takes too much concentrating and my brain is fried. We're all sick and have been for coming up on a week.

No comments: