Monday, March 05, 2007

Impulse Buy

And it's going right back to the store. I bought some Berrocco Plush Colors in Taffy, and when I got it home, realized that it's not machine washable/dryable. Since it's to be a baby blanket, THAT ain't happening. I know how often blankets (that get used) need to be washed, and I know how much time a new parent has to do hand laundry. Luckily I can easily return it, it's just getting back to the store.

I think I'm going to do another Webs order soon, and get some Plymouth Heaven. Someone on a knitting group recommended it, and it IS machine washable. Now I just need to figure out what else to get to get my order up to $60 to get the discount. I am thinking of getting some Noro Kureon to make a Booga Bag. For some reason, I am also interested in this bamboo yarn, short-sleeve sweater (I can't find the pattern, but it's in the current Webs catalog). And of course, sock yarn. Basically, I don't think spending the $ will be a problem.

I am going to finish the Berrocco scarf and give it to my sister, who wants more red in her life. I am not feeling inspired to do the Magic Waves shawl...I should start it though, once I finish the pattern. Tonight I'm going to cast-on some socks, I think. I frogged the sweater, I'm going to do some hats (NICU and gifts). Then I need to commune with my stash and figure out what to do next to get out of this rut.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Well, as far as the bamboo yarn goes...I'm not loving it...I don't know why, but it knots very easily....