Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The Post-Thanksgiving Daze

Not only did I survive Thanksgiving, it was, for the most part, a lovely long weekend in which I got to do a substantial amount of knitting! I got motivated to finish (FINALLY) a couple of things that have been languishing while I got sidetracked by my baby hats.

So, here's the recent work:
I finished the first of these socks back in July, while we were on vacation in the Adirondacks. I started the second a few weeks ago, knit an inch, and got distracted. I was determined to finish them! I used the Magic Loop Winter Sock pattern, which worked wonderfully, and I really like them! They're quite warm and cozy. I amused by the difference in striping, even though the two balls of yarn are from the same dye-lot. You can see on the left sock that I got distracted and added an extra knit row in the pattern. Ooops, that's what happens sometimes when you are knitting while taking care of your rambunctious children! As I mentioned before, knitting helps me tackle my perfectionism. Especially since I'm not really very good at ripping out partially, and starting over. It's mostly an all-or-nothing proposition for me. I also finished the little sock I made for DS2. It's terrible - I don't like the yarn at all, the toe is ALL WRONG (waaay too long), and it doesn't fit his wide, chubby ankles and foot at all. Luckily, it's little. I have about 14,034,214 yards of this yarn, and I just don't like it. Oh well.

I knit this hat from this Ann Norling pattern. I knit this for a friend's new baby boy, but it was just a tad too small, so I'm going to have to redo it, and this one'll get donated to the NICU. I did this in Sugar'n'Cream, which is a heavier cotton, and I think I'm going to head out to my favorite yarn store tomorrow and get some more red Tahki Cotton, and redo it in that.











Then, two more NICU hats:
This one is so soft and warm! It's not a stretchy yarn, since it's chenille, and I think I need to figure out a looser cast-on, but OH it's so cute!!











This one is another Sugar'n'Cream creation. I am not thrilled with it - mainly it's the leaves I don't like. I'd like them set in a bit more (I just need to snip them off and resew them), and one of them turned out kind of funny looking, but overall it's pretty cute.








So that's what I did on my vacation!!

No comments: