Thursday, November 16, 2006

Pictures to follow.

I just finished another hat, and OH the cuteness! It's enough to make you blind, really. One of the coolest things about this hat is that I did it without a pattern. Going off-script is atypical for me, I really like having directions. But really, how hard is a roll-brim hat, you know? I didn't even really do a gague swatch (I know, I know), I just winged it. And it's too cute! Since it's my own "design", do I get to sell it? I mean, how unique does it have to be to be your own design?

I also did the hat for the LYS hat drive. I did Homespun in Metropolis. It's almost a B&W camo look, it was sort of cool. It's not the nicest yarn out there, though I'm not a yarn-snob. I've done many a project in Lion brand. As long as the yarn itself isn't too bad, I don't mind it. I also discovered that doing children's stuff in Really Nice Yarn is not the best idea, since a lot of that isn't machine-washable, and they outgrow the darn things so quickly. Homespun isn't my favorite, but this should wear well, wash nicely, and won't show too much dirt. I've got some more, left over from a kid cardigan, so I might try and knit up another one before the end of the weekend. I've got some Lion Suede to do also, who knows if I'll get that done. i was glad to get that dropped off though, so at least I got one hat to her by her deadline! She's going for 20 hats.

I'm having a dilemma. I've got about 4 skeins of Lion Microspun, and now only am I not loving knitting with it, I'm not all that happy with how it looks like it's going to wear. I did a red and white spiral hat (to look like a peppermint), and I didn't realize that carrying the colors so much would pull in the hat, so it was way too small, so I kept it. It's been kicking around as a doll hat (Walter is enchanted with it), and it's looking really fuzzy. It's too bad, the yarn does have a nice soft feel to it, but I think I may not do any more knitting for donation with it. I don't know. I did donate that one fun-fur hat. Maybe I'll just knit up a simple hat and run it through the wash and see what I think. I hate to waste yarn and I can't imaging anything else that I'll use it for, but if it's not going to look nice, I'd rather just spend a bit more and get more of the Tahki Cotton Classic which is so nice!

No comments: