Saturday, November 04, 2006

Moving Forward

I really like weekends. It's not that what we do is so different, it's just nice having DH (or maybe I should call him BH - my "better half") home! We had a lovely date last night, and it was such a pleasure to just sit and be together.

I finished another hat! This one is a purple with a heart pattern. I'll take pictures later (and definitely make them smaller than the last round!). It's quite cute, in the Sugar'n'Cream yarn. Even though it's more of a worsted weight, I like it for the hats. Well, in part, the price is nice too. I just splurged on YET MORE yarn. There's no way I can knit all of this stuff up! I bought some more red, so once I finish the current hat (my own design), I'll do an apple hat. I've decided not to do more with micro-spun, I don't love it. I'll use up what I've got, I think, and see how it goes. It's really soft, though a pain to knit with, and I'm not convinced it's going to hold up nicely like the cotton does. I also can't find my pink fuzzy yarn, I suppose one of the kids made off with it. Or it's under the sofa, like so many other things!

I feel like focusing on this project is really helping me. First, it's giving me a focus for my creative energy (BH and I had a really interesting conversation about art last night, and whether crafting is art or not). It also gives me a nice reminder of all the wonderful things in my life for which I have gratitude. Yeah, I get frustrated, but hey, I don't have a kid in the NICU anymore! And, it's reminding me that I get to have a life outside of my children.

To that end, I sent off my application for the CBE program today! I'm really excited! It does mean spending a chunk of money - both on the program and on the required books (ooo so sad, I have to buy books). But, I think it'll be worth it. I'm looking forward to focusing on something for me!

No comments: