Monday, December 04, 2006

Switching gears a bit.

It has occurred to me that the holiday season is almost upon us. How did this happen? Where did this year go?? Though, actually, December 2005 is pretty blurry to me, though that may be the serious sleep deprivation under which I am currently laboring, who knows.

Anyway, so I'm knitting dishcloths for gifts, and having so much fun surfing the web to find wonderful patterns. I love these, they're small and easy to knit, and I just really happy to like Sugar'n'Cream yarn. I am so not a yarn snob. :) I finished a couple over the last day or so.
This one is okay. I have had really bad beginnings lately, and I had to start this one four times. I don't know what my problem is (oh yeah, sleep deprivation). I didn't want to make it as wide as the pattern called for, so I did the math to cut it down (not hard), but I just could not make the openwork yarn-overs come out right! I was making a stupid error, I just did it a few times. It's also shorter than I'd like it to be, but I ran out of yarn. Since I don't love this color palette, that's not too bad.

This one, I'm actually pretty happy with. There are a couple of things I wish I had done better. I did an extra row at the end for the bind off, and I wish that I hadn't. The slip stitch border is a bit looser on the side where I was carrying the yarn up and switching colors. I had the worst time with this pattern, too, I just COULD NOT get it, until I sat down, cast on and did it. I couldn't figure out the colors until then. I am definitely a hands-on learner; it's harder for me to learn from reading.
I like the size of this one better too.

No comments: