Thursday, November 17, 2011

Whoa, hello blog.

Okay, somehow almost 2 months went by.  I wish I had something interesting to blog about, especially something crafty.  I don't.

There's a lot going on here. I've been having some health struggles, and I've finally admitted them, and I'm working on getting some help.  Everything should be okay - there's a few different things going on.  One should be corrected with a small surgery next month, and I'm doing more testing to figure out the rest, but we've got a direction, and I found a doctor who actually, you know, listened to me and took me seriously when I said I didn't feel right.  The problem is that this stuff is making me so tired that I can barely function.

The big thing I'm working on right now is evaluating, and then acting upon those evaluations, where, truly, I want to be putting my time and limited energy.  I'm working on saying No, and taking responsibility for what I can and cannot do.  I'm working on jettisoning the guilt that says I should be prioritizing volunteer work that I don't enjoy over social stuff that I do enjoy.  I miss creating and crafting. I'm looking at photo editing software and getting excited about doing a photography class or two next year (if I'm feeling better then).  I miss knitting and sewing.  I've got plans, all these plans, but not a ton of time and, again, no energy.

One of my big things I want to do is finally create a crafting space in my home for my stuff.  It doesn't have a home so it's a huge mess, and disorganized, and crazy-making for all involved!  I need organization for sewing stuff, including a sewing table, yarn and knitting, and some needlework stuff I still have hanging around.  Right now we have an office/playroom that's a disaster and the kids' room.  I am going to consolidate all the kids' stuff into one room (yes they all share!) and turn the other room into an office craft room.  I'm thinking about this unit with a desk and storage baskets.  Can't you just picture it??  So exciting!

Anyway, so that's it here.  Tired.  Lots of stress, my husband's company is being acquired which may or may not be a good thing.  I want to be blogging more regularly! I'll work on it. How about I finish something so I can show you?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of healing thoughts! Did I mentioned I was diagnosed with sleep apnea last Spring? Had chronic fatigue that I couldn't explain, and my doc zoomed right in on OSA. I hope it's something as simple and treatable for you!

kristy said...

I'm concerned... hope all is resolved. I'm always here if you want to talk.