Monday, August 23, 2010

I hear the drizzle of the rain...

DS1 woke us up with a new milestone - barfing (not in his bed, even) and then coming down to tell us about it. :( Poor kid. I am 99% sure that it's simply that he ate a metric ton of crap at a birthday party yesterday but just to be on the safe side, I am quarantining all of us. It's going about as well as you'd expect cooping up three active kids on a rainy day to go.

I actually got something done today - I'm working on tools to help us be more organized when school starts, and I've put together task lists for the boys and me, of all the things to be accomplished. With both boys in school 5 days a week, I have a fantasy that I might actually be able to keep a bit more on target with some house cleaning. I am going to print them out and put them in plastic sleeves (or laminate them), and have them at the bottom of the stairs. I'm also going to institute evening routines that involve things like locating shoes and coats and backpacks and whatnot, so that we can perhaps be a bit less frenzied in the morning. Wish me luck!!

The girlie is down for a nap, boys are playing a bit on the iPhone...maybe I should go knit?!

No comments: