Tuesday, May 26, 2009

It is almost summer!!!

We've been so busy here, it's crazy! Between school, friends, social stuff, and just life, I feel like time is FLYING. My oldest heads off to Kindergarten in the fall, so they're talking about it A LOT at school and I think he's feeling a bit anxious. He missed our K cutoff by a week, and I have to say that I am so happy about it. I think for him in particular, being one of the oldest is such a good thing. I am so glad that we didn't have to make the call, because it would have been a tough one. I can't believe I'm going to have a kid in real school! Amazing.

I have been doing some knitting. I did a few rows on the Falling Leaves sock. I finished the leg of the Mini Mochi sock. I am so not happy with how that is going. I did a sewn bind-off, which is what I usually do for toe-up socks and it did NOT play well with the yarn. Because the yarn has almost no twist, it's not strong enough to the sewing, and it BROKE, THREE TIMES. And since it's superwash, it (of course) doesn't spit-splice. I was so annoyed and frustrated that I ended up just knotting it. Annoying. Then I totally screwed up the picking up the stitches for the heel. I somehow managed to hook the loop from one side onto the needle (no idea how I did this, or even really what I did), so I had to end up SNIPPING it and knotting it. It's noticeable and I am not happy. I also somehow ended up with way too many stitches. Which is fine, I can use a bit of width there, as I also made this just a bit too snug (I should have done one more round of increases), but all in all, it's made me annoyed with the sock. It'll be wearable and the front is pretty but still. *I* know about the errors. Not my best effort, by far.

I've got a couple of other projects too, which I'm not feeling up to blogging about, so suffice to say, I've got a lot to do.

AND, a FB friend posted a picture of an adorable dress she made for her daughter and now I am totally wanting to sew for my daughter, so I'm in the middle of some sewing too.

1 comment:

Kelly Friend said...

I feel your knitting pain. I've only been knitting for just over 3 years now and I have those same issues every time I pick up the needles. Which happens less and less nowadays with a 6 month old. Which brings me to why I originally wanted to comment... I too posted a pic (to FB)of a dress I had sewn for my baby daughter. Well, to be honest, it was knit and sewn. :-) Compliments for Country Living's Cozy Knits For Cuddly Babies.

Happy knitting!

-Kelly