Thursday, December 07, 2006

This yarn is unknittable.

At least, by me. I don't know what my problem is. First I tried a little hat. It clumped up in a way that I found ugly, so I scrapped it. Then I tried a DW Dishcloth. It was going okay, though I believe I did have to cast on about 4 times. Then DS1 pulled the needle out, and I'm not very good at recovering from things like that. So I started a different dishcloth - one with an actual pattern that required a bit of thought (yo's and such). It was actually looking okay, but then I messed up the pattern, and in my attempt to pull out the row to go back and fix it, I dropped a stitch. I believe I shouted something a tad obscene, and frogged it. I am done. DONE with this yarn, I tell you! I need to get back to my little hat for my friend's baby, as I need to get it to them next week. I have a knitting'n'coffee date tonight, so I'll bring that along.

I did finish a moss stitch dishcloth that is quite pretty. I think I just have no brain cells left because I had to pull out so many rows and redo them. This is not typical, but now that I'm moving into doing patterns, I think it may become more normal. Ah well, growth hurts, right?

No comments: