Friday, July 01, 2011

Happy Anniversary!

11 years today!!

In those 11 years, we've:

moved 5 times
spent a year apart while I completed my predoc internship
bought a condo
bought a house
sold a condo
bought a car and a minivan
had 4 pregnancies and 3 births
seen me complete grad school and get licensed
seen him change jobs and find a company and work that he's loved and grown with
gained and lost 2 ferrets
lost the lovely Lula cat
gained the boy kitties
and all the countless other events that make up a life together

When I met my husband, I was 28, and recently out of a really, really bad relationship (think abusive heroin addict), and I wasn't looking for the love of my life. I was looking to make my life amazing by myself. Maybe that's why I was ready? Who knows. All I know is that I am thankful every single day that the universe brought this amazing person into my life. He's wicked smart, wicked funny, and incredibly loving and generous. He's got more integrity than just about anyone I know. Before I met him, I was able to articulate my relationship philosophy as this: "I want someone who thinks he's the luckiest person in the world to be with me, and who believes he deserves someone like me." It still takes my breath away that I actually managed to find that person.

Happy anniversary, sweetie!

2 comments:

Ruth said...

You've packed a lot into those 11 years. Happy anniversary!

gloria p said...

I'm coming to this message a bit late, but I need to say it was lovely as is the relationship you two have forged. You are so fortunate to have found each other.
May you share 11x11 more years.