Monday, July 25, 2011

Freaking Out Just A Bit

Well, maybe more than a bit.

Looks like I'm going back to work! This is very good news - it looks like it's going to fall into place that I'll be working at a newish mental health clinic in town, so very convenient, the money is decent, they're willing to let me work very few hours on my schedule. It's all good, right? The one less-than-ideal thing is that I'll be working Saturdays for the foreseeable future (probably 2 years, on my 5 year plan, and yes, I do have one). But really, during the school year, that's not a big deal.

So, why am I freaking out? Well, I think the main reason is, it's change, and I. Hate. Change. I like things to stay the same, even when I'm unhappy - because, hey! The devil you know and all that, right? (Not that I'm unhappy at the moment.) Being a SAHM, while veryvery stressful in some ways, is also really a great gig! We have none of the stress of get everyone out the door (well, except now that I have two kids in public school, we do), none of the "hey, somebody's puking, what do we do?" Plus, in the summer, as part of my job, we go to the beach. I'm in a rut, really. It's a nice rut. But I think with my littlest one going off to preschool, it's time for me to start pushing myself outside my comfort zone a bit. I've been at home since June of 2003 - my job ended, I was 6+m months pregnant...and we knew that we wanted me home with the kids for "a while." It was really important to me that we do it this way, and we were so, so blessed to be able to do it (well, and we made specific choices to support that goal).

But now, life is getting more and more expensive, and I have this opportunity. So I'm going to take it. Yikes.

7 comments:

kristy said...

Wow, congratulations! Good for you.

Anonymous said...

That's funny, you don't look newish!

*groan*

Congratulations! I'm excited for you, the scary change and all of it. Hope we get to read all about it here!

Marushka C. said...

Congratulations! Finding something you like in today's job market which offers a (somewhat) flexible schedule is pretty wonderful.

Pam Asberry said...

Congrats on the new job! Sounds like a great opportunity and an ideal way to push yourself out of your comfort zone a bit without totally disrupting your life. You rock!

randyman8 said...

The patterns mesh & intertwine...and the knitting knits together in a continuous spiral of the inconstant mind....good.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ugg boots outlet said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.