Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Bummer, and yet, personal growth.

So, in my attempt to felt my foliage hat, I ruined it. It felted some, but not prettily, and it was too short. It did block nicely, but it looked like crap. *sigh* Oh well. I can make another easily enough, once I acquire some more malabrigo chunky. I am an idiot though because it didn't even occur to me until late last night (well after felting fiasco) that I could have just unraveled and reknit it!!!!

The personal growth piece is that I managed not to get upset or angry at myself for it. I was a bit bummed, sure, but I've got another hat I'm working on so I'll have a warm winter hat, and I can really just get more yarn and reknit it. It's not that big a deal. Sure, I'm out a few bucks and a few hours, but that's not so bad. And it's really got nothing to do with my worth and value as a human being.

And now off to order some more Malabrigo. :) Anyone ever ordered from eat.sleep.knit?

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

Bummer about the hat. Remind yourself, it's not a million dollar mistake and move on.

Knitting with a Purpose said...

Yes, so true. As a recovering perfectionist, I've been known to be too hard on myself, and perspective is so key. It's just a little hat!

Sadly, everyone is out of the Chunky Malabrigo in the Olive, which is what I really want to do because it was so pretty and worked so well with my coat.

Luckily, it looks like we'll have a lot more winter before a thaw so I've got time. :-)