Saturday, August 03, 2013

So, hey.

Not that I'm sure if I have any readers left...it's been a crazy bunch of months.  I finally went on ADHD meds, we finished Oldest Son's neuropsych and got some very good, useful (painful) information and found a great therapist to work with, and it's changed things for the better SO MUCH.

I'm sewing a dress for myself.  I can already tell it's not going to fit.  Grr.

I want to be knitting and crafting more, but I'm in the midst of a pretty massive transformational process...and I'm blogging it here.

I've also been doing some slightly more professional photography work this summer, exploring this for myself.  I realized that my fantasy of shooting every week is not possible unless I hire a babysitter for the time I need for photo editing, which is not cost effective at what I'm currently charging.  I realized a couple of things - I'm not entirely sure I want to turn my "art" (for lack of a better word, my passion) into something I do for money, on a deadline.  Still pondering this. And, what I really want to do is go spend a  chunk of time with people, take a gazillion photos, put a book together for them on my own timeline, and have them pay me for it.  I don't love the posed photo thing.  So, um, not sure if I can turn that into something but we'll see.

:-)

1 comment:

toysmith said...

Glad you've made some positive changes! Without your blogging your loyal (long distance) followers don't know much about what's been going on.

In the woodworking world you frequently see advice columns about "going pro." They're a bit discouraging, including the fact that doing something artistic for work really changes the experience of it. I'm still wondering what I'll "really" do when I grow up. :-)

Nice to see you back!