Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I FNISHED SOMETHING!!!!

Oh yes, and happy festivities of whatever sort you may celebrate!  We're a Solstice/Christmas kind of family here.  We ended up having a lovely Christmas.  We had a very busy morning involving cooking and cleaning.  We had our feast (a paleo meatloaf with apples that was delicious but very crumbly), and some other stuff I can't recall.  Kids were very excited but things went well.  We went to Church and the kids were in the Pageant, which included my youngest child (playing the role of the cow) doing push ups.  Last year she burst out in interpretive dance, so it's par for the course, really.  Thankfully, it's a family-friendly parish!  We went by our friends' house on the way home, and the kids had a blast, as did the adults.  We got home, got the kids settled into bed and quieted down. Five minutes later, my daughter (the aforementioned cow) threw up all over the place.  I think we had the classic parental reaction, especially given that the stomach flu had been all over my local friends' Facebook pages.  Yes, it involved swearing.

Thankfully, she either ate too many sweets or my husband gave us all mild food poisoning by using expired condensed milk and sweet potatos in the pie, who knows.  We all felt crappy but were fine the next morning.  We had our Opening Of All The Things, got packed up and headed to the in-laws. I've been knitting up a storm, and FINISHED A PAIR OF SOCKS!!!!  Apparently I was half-way through sock 1 in October of 2009, so...well, yeah.   But, I've been plugging away, and I finished sock 2!!  My SIL was very excited and commented several times on how much she liked them, so I had her try them on for me.  














They fit, so with a "Merry Christmas!" the socks became hers.  Because I love finishing things so much...I promptly cast on not one, but two different socks.  (One is sock #2 of the KPPM socks referenced in the above-October 2009 post).  I was making a pair of Spilly Jane's mittens, but the fish weren't popping enough from the background so I'm going to redo them in different yarn, so I took the colored yarn and started a sock with it.  I think I'm getting re-energized with sock knitting!  I love to wear handknit socks!!

No comments: