Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday Night Round Up

So, in the last week and a half, I've gotten a lot done, though there's TONS more to do.  The house is in that state of purging/decluttering where there is crap EVERYWHERE and it's crazy-making, to be sure.

So, the book folks came and took 12 boxes of books and a bag of clothes.  My parents came to visit and amidst the chaos that is our weekend, we got stuff done. I got DH's dresser set up, and the costume bin/bench put together.  On Saturday morning, DH and my mom got the Expedit put together.  Saturday afternoon, I got going.  Over the rest of the day, I went through most of my yarn, and got 2 big kitchen garbage bags ready to donate.  I also got 2 big bags of fabric to go.  I had *6 bags* of trash and a ton of recycling.  I also worked myself up into a righteous asthma attack.  At this point, all yarn and cloth is consolidated, and fits (barely) into the allotted bins.  I have 2 plastic tubs, 1 drawer and a ratty old cardboard box left to go through, consolidate, purge, etc.  And then the craft stuff is DONE!  I swear, I'm so excited!  I have a small desk next to the storage with my sewing machines on it, so I can actually have them out and usable!  ALL THE TIME.  I have a bin of WIP that I'm going to ruthlessly purge - there's stuff that's never going to get done, so it needs to get frogged.  It feels so good to know it's in progress.

In terms of "the business," I took some steps there too.  I bought my website, though there's nothing there yet, and *deep breath* I did my first shoot!  My big fear has been, what's it going to be like shooting people I don't know, and the answer is...I had a blast!  I think they did too.  We literally did the shoot in 6 minutes - the weather was gorgeous on Saturday, but they were wiped out from travel and weren't up for it.  The weather was terrible all day Sunday until I came out of the local ballet production I'd taken 2 of my kids to, and  IT WAS SUNNY!  I called them up, ran home, grabbed my camera, and brought them into the sun and we ended up getting a bunch of good shots!  It was a huge confidence boost and again made me think...This is what I want.

And, as I keep reminding myself - what's the worst that can happen?  I'll try, and it'll fail as a business.  :)

No comments: