Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Pink Doily Frogged

Yeah. Turns out I made a MAJOR FUCKING ERROR on one of the corners, like, three times, so I frogged it. All that stuff about how I've defeated my perfectionism, outcome doesn't matter so long as I enjoy the process, blah blah blah? Not entirely true, apparently. I've noted this with my knitting too, actually, it's like there's an error threshold, and once I hit it, I have to undo.

I figure I learned what I needed to learn from this, and I'm going to try a different doily. I think these lace things are so beautiful, and I'm just drawn to creating them (well, I am not sure how creative it is since I'm not doing the PATTERN, just the execution).

The other thing I need to do is go to bed early and get more sleep. My darling, wonderful, alert daughter is sleeping like crap. Well, she's up 3-4 times between 10 and 6, which I think is pretty crappy, but doesn't seem to bother her at all. She does wake up cheerful, that one.

So, I'm going to do a little more interneting then go sit on the couch and start a new doily.

You know, that doesn't sound as exciting as it feels.

No comments: